Security Systems Engineering
£25,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Company Vehicle + Benefits
Turnstile Installation Engineer - West London
Alecto recruitment are currently working with a leading Security Solutions provider in the UK, who specialise within Turnstiles and Speedgates.
The company are looking for an office based installation engineer (ideally living within 30 mins of their offices). The Engineer will work out of the office unless travelling, and will carry out installation training to customers and may assist with product testing etc. when not installing or commissioning.
Weekend and evening work is sometimes required so applicants must be prepared to do overtime which is paid at time and a half for evening or Saturday work and double time on Sunday and Bank Holidays. The vacancy is office based and may not suit a field service engineer.
The Engineer may have to travel, however travel is very rare and low in occasions. Obviously all expenses are paid.
Below is a typical yearly workload:
- 30 Installation & Commissioning jobs = 24 in London, 6 outside M25
- 35 sites visits = 24 in London (3 out of hours), 8 outside the M25, 1 in France, and 1 in Italy
- 57 Maintenance Visits = 44 in London (5 outside hours), 13 outside M25
Core tasks of the Installation Engineer Role will include;
- Site Surveys
- Will recommend the placement of our turnstile products
- Will set-out the layout using templates
- Will assist with the planning of the containment
- Will assist with planning the location of the wall mounted power supplies and cable route length
- Will provide an overview of the required connections
- Risk and Method Statements
- Planning installation works and liaising with customer's third party works
- Check that third party works is done as required before arranging delivery/installation
- Installation of our turnstiles.
- Arranging delivery to site, site survey for delivery route to install location
- Setting out using templates
- Drilling the fixing locations & prep for chem fix studs
- Fit the turnstiles using M10 fixings (some pedestals are approx. 100kg)
- Fit wall mounted power supply units, terminate to fused spur
- Terminate LV power
- Terminate ACS cables
- Terminate Fire panel cable
- Terminate Remote Control
- Electro-mechanical background, someone who can troubleshoot.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance
- Provide Reactive maintenance call-outs
- Provide Technical Support by email, telephone
- Manage Customer report log and Customer returns
- Basic salary £25,000-35,00 (depending on experience)
- Overtime Available
- Benefits package including Healthcare & Pension
- Manufacturer Training provided
- 20 days holiday per annum + 8 days Bank Holiday + 3 days at Christmas when the office is closed
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Chris Williams, Alecto Recruitment. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 539773 in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit