Waste Management, Recycling & Power
£40,000 to £42,300 Per Annum
Shift Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Day & Night Shifts
Alecto Recruitment is looking to speak with experienced Mechanical Bias Maintenance Engineers interested in a position based in Grantham in the manufacturing industry.
Working within a team of skilled Mechanical Maintenance Engineers you will work on a pattern of day and night shifts (12 hours) to assist in carrying out preventative and reactive mechanical maintenance tasks on site.
- To carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner as per the company's Health and Safety policy.
- Undertake repairs as requested by Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager or Shift Manager, etc.
- Prioritise workload in line with production requirements.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance tasks as per the maintenance schedule.
- Identify potential improvements to equipment and communicate these to the relevant persons.
- Communicate with relevant parties the status of any ongoing work.
- Create an accurate record of completed work with details of parts used.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues by either working extended shifts.
- Ensure the security of all tools and equipment.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in all work areas.
- Work with CI teams to improve overall efficiency of plant and equipment.
- Assist with training to apprentices and other engineering personnel as required.
- Undertake specialised training when required.
- Assist with maintaining adequate stock levels.
- Undertake all other site maintenance when required.
- Operate cutting and welding equipment where necessary.
- Assist with commission, line and balance new machinery after installation.
- Flexible attitude with regards machinery to be worked on, normal hours of work & shift pattern.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as required.
- 3-5+ years' experience working as a Mechanical bias Maintenance Engineer in an industrial setting.
- Able to work on day and night shift as per needs of the role.
- Ideally qualified to level 3 in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering.
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to identify and diagnose faults.
- Must have a working knowledge of AC and DC drives, PLC's, motors, single and 3 phase systems.
- Report all H&S issues in keeping with company policy.
To apply for this role please send your CV or call 01329 221 399 ext 202 for more information.