£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
car or car allowance
Role and Responsibilities:
The Quantity Surveyor will provide the commercial lead in delivering project commercial transactions, commercial reporting and cash flow management on allocated projects which will include, but not limited to;
- Taking off quantities from plans / drawings / specifications for tenders to build up cost estimates
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Preparation of Sub-Contractor / Supplier packages
- Communicating with clients, colleagues, suppliers and sub-contractors to determine the financial needs of completing a project
- Work with the client on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process
- Managing the handover of projects from pre-construction to construction team, and managing the commercial function through to final account and retention release
- Working with the planning team to ensure adequate project planning for the delivery team
- Developing and agreeing with the finance team the project cash flow based on the project plan, and managing same
- Conducting pre-start meetings with supply chain, preparation and issue of Contracts for sub-contractors.
- Managing the Contracts in line with specific conditions (NEC / Bespoke / JCT etc.)
- Taking responsibility for change management on the contracts
- Overseeing project re-measurement including the capture and evaluation of project variations
- Managing the Application for Payment process in line with cash flow plan and contract conditions
- Supporting the Commercial Manager in compiling claims / significant variations and progressing these to resolution.
- Compiling the final account on projects and negotiating these to agreement, with support from the Commercial Manager
- Preparation and reporting of CVR reports in accordance with the company management report timetable
The Quantity Surveyor will allocate time to supervise and manage staff reporting to the position including
- Planning and resourcing the staff allocation for each project
- Ensuring training and support for the team including agreed training plans
- Ensuring due diligence is carried out on team outputs
Skills and Qualifications
The Quantity Surveyor will have the following qualification or equivalent
- A CSR card - level black
- A good working knowledge of construction and engineering processes
- A good working knowledge of construction and engineering contracts
The Quantity Surveyor will have a skill base that will include;
- IT proficient - Microsoft packages
- Experience in working with an industry project accounts software package e.g. COINS, REDSKY etc
- Experience in industry management software packages e.g. FOUR PROJECTS - ASTA Powerproject planning software
- Be strong in verbal and written communication skills
- Be a team leader with motivational and empathy skills
Full, clean driving licenseTo apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This position offers a salary bracket of between £45,000-£55,000 p/a (Depending on Experience).
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted