Construction, Built Environment, Civil Engineering
£38,000 to £39,000 Per Annum
South East London
Location: London and South East
Main Job Role
The Project Supervisor is an experienced Air Conditioning and Building Services Supervisor who is responsible for providing on site supervision of engineers and subcontractors as well as engagement with the client.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation and on site management of teams installing:
- AHU's, fans and duct work
- Allocating works to personnel and subcontractors on site on a daily basis and ensuring milestones are achieved
- Managing subcontractors on site, including but not limited to;
- Air conditioning Engineers
- Duct Fitters
- Pipe Fitters
- Commissioning Engineers
- Supporting trades
- Managing personnel and material resources on a project, including but not limited to; purchasing, hire equipment and labour levels.
- Weekly sub contractor reporting to PM
- Weekly project progress report to PM
- Tracking and maintaining project programme.
- Quality snagging of works, reporting and rectification thereof.
- Attending site meetings and communication with clients in person, on the phone and via email.
- Site inspections on behalf of the project manager and reporting back.
- Management of material take off lists.
- Identify and mitigate project on site risks.
- Solve technical issues that arise.
- Commercial awareness on site, including:
- Finding and managing variation opportunities
- Ensuring scope of work is followed and any additional works are quoted
- Materials are used efficiently and mitigate any waste
- Productivity is maintained
- Management of drawings on site:
- Ensuring latest construction drawings used on site correlate to the latest issued drawings listed on the drawing register.
- Mark up of record drawings for the O&M as the project progresses.
- On site safety audits and reporting to PM
- Undertake and issue toolbox talks with teams on site.
- Updating of risk assessments and method statements as appropriate
- CDM management
- Ensure robust and quality hand over of installation and documentation to commissioning team
- Management of commissioning engineers and ensuring all aspects of a project are commissioned correctly.
- Witnessing commissioning readings and ensuring inline with design figures.
- Collating all commissioning documentation for the O&M.
The ideal Project Supervisor candidate must have strong organisational and communication skills, manage priorities and work load, with great technical skills and an eye for detail. The candidate will work well leading a team and instilling motivation and have the ability to make the correct decisions autonomously.
- 2079 Safe Handling of Refrigerants (F-Gas)
- Full clean drivers licence
- SSSTS / SSMTS
- Level 2 Diploma in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- First aid
At Nationwide, we offer a competitive basic package worth up to £38,500 per annum dependant on experience.
In addition to the above salary
- Fully equipped company van (for work use and commuting only)
- Travel paid over 45 minutes each way
- Company uniform
- 22 days holiday
- Company mobile phone and PDA
- Hand tool and safety footwear allowance
- Optional training available
- Company pension
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Daisy Huskinson, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392539772 in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this Vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit