FMCG, Precision Engineering & Manufacturing
£36,000 Per Annum
Bury St Edmunds
Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer - Earlies, Lates, Days
Bury St Edmunds
Alecto Recruitment is keen to hear from Multiskilled Maintenance Technicians and Engineers based in Bury St Edmunds area who would be interested in working for a well-established manufacturing company on their maintenance team.
Supporting the maintenance team, you will provide first class support by performing Preventive Maintenance activities, responding effectively to breakdowns, monitoring equipment performance and providing valuable input to help maintain process yields and efficiencies.
Hours required for this position are as follows.
Rotating shifts, earlies, lates and days - 6am-2pm / 1pm-9pm / 8am-4pm.
Please note a call out rota is required for this position - more details provided on request.
- Planned preventative maintenance utilising agreed schedules and reactive maintenance as required.
- Managing engineering spares, including sourcing parts and other spares in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring that the achievement of food safety and health and safety is always a priority.
- Quick resolution of plant breakdowns, faults, leaks etc.
- Working efficiently and making best use of plant downtime due to mechanical and electrical failures.
- Monitoring plant condition on a regular basis to prevent unnecessary equipment failures.
- Working with the Engineering team to ensure site is electrically & mechanically safe.
- Contribute ideas to identify and implement energy cost saving.
- Electrical bias ideal, but Engineer must have good mechanical knowledge and abilities.
- Mechanical bias is considered if Engineer has good electrical knowledge.
- PLC training advantageous but not essential as focus is more fault finding than programming.
- HNC (or equivalent) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Multi-skilled background.
Able to work with planned maintenance systems within a factory-based setting.
- Good H&S knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification would be desirable but not essential).
- A logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems.
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean methodologies.
To apply for this position please send your CV or call 01329 221 399 ext 202 for more information.