Waste Management, Recycling & Renewable Energy
£35,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Multiskilled Engineering Manager
£35,000 - £50,000
Alecto Recruitment is looking to hear from Multiskilled Engineers interested in joining our client in London as an Engineering Manager on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation and maintenance of 2 clinical waste processing facilities in Middlesex and East London.
Operational efficiency is a top priority at these sites, so you will need to make use of your engineering expertise to suggest improvements, react quickly to resolve downtime, and ensure the plants and operations teams are working at the highest possible level of efficiency.
This is a great chance for a Multiskilled Engineer to take a step up into a management role or a Supervisor to take full ownership and responsibility for these facilities under their remit.
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for an electromechanical background, a willingness to travel between both sites when required (van provided) and availability including over weekends to ensure maximum availability.
- Supervision of plant and engineering staff at 2 clinical waste recycling facilities installed at NHS hospitals at Middlesex and East London.
- Provide out of hours assistance to the site via phone, site visits and utilisation of the maintenance technician.
- Maintain continuity of operations in line with license and H&S requirements and on site PPC permit including liaison with Environment Agency.
- Manage operation spending and budgets.
- Organise staff occupational health checks.
- Organise site maintenance in conjunction with engineering team and general manager
- Organise and supervise external contractors at all times.
- Report all accidents in a timely manner, investigate and manage incident reporting in line with Company procedures.
- Maximise plant utilisation especially during planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Plan and implement plant improvements in conjunction with General Manager.
- Authorised signatory for the business within authorised limits.
- Compile and authorise Risk Assessments.
- Electromechanical engineering background.
- Ideally experience from the waste / recycling industry.
- If not then a consistent background within heavy industrial process environments.
- HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering and 18th edition electrical regulations would be an advantage.
- WAMITAB or willingness to undertake this.
- Experience in overseeing HSEQ within heavy engineering.
To enquire for more information on package and company, please call 01329 221 399 or send your CV for review.