£20,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
Reporting into: Operations Manager for Ireland and UK.
The HSEQ Coordinator will be responsible for the maintenance and implementation of safety and environmental management controls and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
HSEQ Advisor Duties:
- Manage, devise and maintain HSEQ procedures, processes, standards and specifications in relation to ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001
- Ensure that statutory registers are kept up to date
- Conduct site health and safety and environmental inspections and audits and assist with any rectifications needed.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of work systems to ensure the business maintains the highest quality health and safety, environmental and quality procedures.
- Ensure on site compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation and site / task specific method statements and risk assessments
- Identify, manage and organise any training and development needs linking in with the HR Manager
- Organise, manage and update the training records and training matrix.
- Control of sub-contractor and supplier activities with regard to health and safety
- Compile a monthly HSEQ report for the Senior Management Team and Board, including statistical analysis of site monthly health and safety, environmental and quality and pro-active initiatives.
- Compile and distribute Safety alerts and shared learning on site.
- Attend client quality management meetings
- Investigate accidents and incidents and assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes.
- Review, draft and deliver induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings.
- Issue all proposed notices/permits
- Issue actual starts based on info provided from planners or other departments within timelines given to avoid FPN's (possibly create daily whereabouts sheet which site agent updates daily to help understand jobs started)
- Issue all work stop notices based on info provided back from Reinstatement department within timelines given to avoid FPN's / S74's (if photo evidence provided and not clear - flag up risks back to rein dept)
- Issue registrations within timelines given to avoid FPN's
- Send Traffic light applications / Bus stop suspensions / Road Closures / TM Plans / Bagging off requests along with notices as supporting evidence to HA's
- Flag up / Resolve any street restrictions - Liaise with planner & site agent. Example S58.
- Log / investigate / Pass out S74's / FPN's / Defects / SLG Defects
- Produce weekly NRSWA performance trend reports identifying S74/FPN/Defects received / outstanding - Potential costs.
- Sit with Operational colleagues for major works to understand full requirements out on site to robustly / accurately capture noticing information to avoid FPN's.
Skills and Qualifications
The HSEQ Advisor/Coordinator will have the following qualifications or equivalent
- At least 1 years' experience in a similar HSEQ/SHEQ role ideally within the Utilities/Telecommunication sector
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/issues.
- Evidence of working knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems.
- Experience with ISO systems such as 9001, 14001 and 18001 and working to compliance of Construction Line Health & Safety assessment schemes.
- Accident and incident investigation experience.
- A relevant H&S qualification such as NEBOSH.
- Street work Certificates
- Experience in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems, Plans, and Records
- Excellent grasp of MS Office packages
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver KPI' s
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative, creative and proactive with a solution-oriented approach
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
Full, clean driving licenseTo apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
This position offers a salary bracket of between £20,000-£26,000 p/a (Depending on Experience).
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted