Waste Management, Recycling & Power
£33,000 to £39,000 Per Annum
+ Vehicle + OT
£33,000 - £36,000
Alecto Recruitment are looking for experienced Field Service Generator Engineers or similar, located or around the North working for our client in the Power Generation Industry.
£16-19 per hour
Contract Permanent, Full Time
* Company bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance
* 25 days holiday plus bank
* Company vehicle
Generator Engineer Duties
* To cover all aspects of generator servicing including oil & filter changes and oil, fuel, and coolant sampling.
* To conduct load bank testing on customer owned generator units.
* To accurately fault find and diagnose both mechanical and electrical issues.
* To work on a broad range of generator / engine brands including (but not limited to) Cummins, Perkins, Caterpillar, John Deere, Volvo, Scania, Iveco, Dorman.
* To be able to work independently on engines from 2kVA to 2.5mVA.
* To complete all types of engine repairs (both mechanical and electrical).
* Fuel pumps, engine belts, starter motors, fuel hoses, cooling systems, AVM's etc.
* Batteries, battery chargers, water jacket heaters, starter cables, key-switches etc.
* To be able to interrogate different control systems such as DSE, ComAp and DEIF.
* To understand changeover systems.
* To be able to complete or assist on mechanical engine rebuilds / top end overhauls.
* To be able to complete or assist on control panel upgrade works / retrofits.
* To demonstrate knowledge and experience of both mechanical and electrical skill sets.
Generator Engineer profile
* Previous experience in similar generator services companies or within the power generation industry
* Valid CSCS/ECS card
* Ability to manage own workload and establish priorities
* Experience of working effectively as part of a team as well as independently
* Ability to solve problems with a positive attitude
* Self-motivated and able to learn quickly
* Able to liaise with customers professionally and convey information
* Brand specific generator training courses - Desirable
* Electrical qualifications - City & Guilds, 17th/18th edition - Desirable
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01329 221 399 for more information.
Equally if this role would not be of interest to you but may be for a suitable friend or colleague, we can offer paid referral fees for successful placements.