Waste Management, Recycling & Renewable Energy
£32,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Field Service Engineer
Essex & South East
Up to £40,000 + overtime (x1.5) + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is keen to hear from Apprentice trained Mechanical Engineers, Technicians and Fitters with experience working in heavy engineering sectors including power stations, water/wastewater, aggregates processing and petrochemical to name a few examples.
This is a field service role covering the South East including but not limited to Kent, Essex and London.
The company's head office is in Essex so a base here would be a plus.
Role & Responsibilities
- Mechanical repairs and maintenance to rotating equipment such as large turbines, array of pumps, BFW multi-stage. Additionally, auxiliary and BOP equipment such as gearboxes, coolers, conveyors and valves etc.
- Perform mechanical maintenance; proficient in the use of measuring equipment such as micrometres, DTI's, and alignment tooling.
- To mechanically undertake and complete Workshop and Field Service activities inclusive of reporting detailing findings, condition assessments, critical tolerances, actions taken and recommendations.
- Fault finding and diagnosis of mechanical equipment associated but not limited to the heavy engineering sectors 'working on an array of rotating machines, balance of plant and auxiliary systems.
- Conduct defect repairs and routine maintenance on mechanical equipment for commercial and heavy industry machinery and ancillary equipment, ensure installations are to manufacturer standards & legislation requirements are adhered to.
- Work alone to identify and resolve faults and concerns on mechanical systems without receiving explicit direction.
- When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
- Work an out of hours call out rota of 1 in 4.
- Strong rotating equipment background.
- OEM pump or turbine experience a plus.
- Time Served Apprenticeship/Indentured Apprenticeship within a heavy engineering sector.
- Mechanical time served and indentured to ONC / HNC / NVQ 3.
- Experience in fault finding, repair, installation, commissioning industrial mechanical plant.
- Able to pass security clearances.
- Full driving licence.
To apply for this role please send your CV or call 02392 539 773 for more information.