JF - 21542c
£25,000 to £28,000 Per Annum
- Do you have Auto Electrical / Coachwork Experience?
- Are you based in Cambridgeshire?
- Are you looking for a new Challenge?
Our Client have been supplying high-spec Emergency vehicles to the Blue Light Sector.
Hiring the best Engineers and designers as they have expanded means they now supply a range of tough, high specification Vehicles.
Expert Coachbuilders, our client have a reputation for high quality and reliable conversions. They have built a brand that their clients recognise as high quality workmanship, reliability and being able to deliver projects on time and to budget.
They offer excellent product training and will invest in you as your career develops, often promoting from within.
Job Title: Auto Electrician - Emergency Vehicles
Job Type: Permanent
The right candidate will be ideally already working to a client created strategy, to carry out Installation, service and maintenance on various types of vehicle mounted equipment.
The role will also provide support in terms of providing a fault fix and first line maintenance service on technical equipment in vehicles. There may also be an occasional need to work on technical communications equipment on fixed sites.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- Audit and configuration of Communications and technical equipment in vehicles
- Coordinates customer contact, scheduling of work and access to customer premises.
- Work Documentation - compile accurate and appropriate documentation for consideration by both internal and external customers.
- Installation - capable of installing and configuring Communications and technical equipment in vehicles
- Maintenance - capable of providing a first line fix and maintenance service on Communications and technical equipment in vehicles.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships including on time communications and service delivery.
- Continuous Professional Development involving enhancement of technical skills and knowledge of new technology.
- Identifies opportunities to improve service, process or systems
- Ensures work output meets requirements regarding technical quality, reliability and cost
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with customers
- Promotes an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
The Ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Site or Field based service engineering.
- An auto-electrical qualification and have experience of fitting Telematic equipment or Telemetry Engineering.
- Fleet Telematics Systems
- Outgoing and competitive individual with a desire to progress.
- Certification in an Electrical and I.T related engineering role.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of FCS1362:2010
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current legislation relating to vehicle installations
- FCS1362, FITAS or MPT1362 Knowledge
- Demonstrate 12v/24v working
- Understanding of basic automotive electronics components
- Demonstrate an understanding of ohms law.
- Displays good logical and fault-finding techniques when working in a lone working situation.
- Valid Driving Licence
- Thorough approach in care and use of Test Equipment and Vehicles
- Experienced in the use of digital Multimeter, low ohm meters and VSWR meters as a minimum.
- Willing to work abnormal hours, away from home and visit customer sites at short notice.
- Experience of vehicle tracking, telematics solutions, Telematic equipment or Telemetry Engineering is Essential.
Experience of one or more of the following is essential:
- Intelligent Vehicle technologies
If you are interested in working for our Client, please feel free to contact me on the below details.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to James Feeley, Alecto Recruitment. email@example.com in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit