Workshop Based Crane & Plant Engineer
Category: Technical Engineering Jobs
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary:£28000 - £34000 per annum + car, bonus and other benefits
Full Time Workshop Based Heavy Equipment / Crane Engineer – Norwich
Salary rate: £28k-34k basic Depending on experience. Overtime is available + Vehicle
Alecto Recruitment Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment / Crane engineer within a commutable distance of Norwich.
Our client is a specialist Crane and Plant company based in NOrwich. Due to their continued growth they are seeking an experienced Service Engineer to come and join their team. Carrying out Routine servicing, fault finding and repairs and modifications to Cranes and associated Construction Machinery.
We are specifically seeking someone who is fully qualified (NVQ / C&G Level 3, HNC/ONC/BTEC etc) mechanical / electro mechanical engineer with experience of the lifting equipment / cranes / heavy Plant industry. You will have experience in the service, maintenance and repair of cranes / heavy Plant.
My client is offering an excellent opportunity to join a UK Leading organisation who will offer a rewarding and progressive career.
You will be responsible for a high quality of work, often under difficult conditions
Our client operates a fleet of Cranes as well as other types of heavy plant and equipment.
Assists in mainlining, monitoring, and servicing of Cranes and Heavy Plant Equipment, including Repairs, Services and Maintenance of Cranes, Heavy Plant and associated Equipment.
Assists in troubleshooting systems and recommending the course of action
Performs maintenance on equipment and handles emergency repairs or maintenance as necessary.
Typical Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work place
- Knowledge of Cranes and if possible Plant Machinery
- Ideally you will be an apprentice trained or time served engineer
- Ideally experienced within the Construction industry although not essential
- Strong mechanical engineering experience required
- It would be beneficial to have experience on electrical systems also (electro-mechanical skills)
- Strong engineering skills on systems such as hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics, transmissions and engines
- Experienced in service engineering
- Plant experience defined as Construction Plant Maintenance or relevant transferrable skills i.e Agricultural or Mining Equipment.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety procedures
- Knowledge of basic operating techniques of various types of welding equipment
Typical Work Environment
- Requires physical work involving walking, standing, and exerting up to 50 pounds of force, working in confined spaces
- Routine keyboard operations
- Requires balancing, climbing, crawling, sitting, stooping, crouching and bending
- Exposure to general hazards of the industrial working environment and construction sites
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
If you are interested in working for our Client, please feel free to contact me on the below details.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Oliver Cole, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.