R&D Manager – Robotics and Automation
Category: Technical Engineering Jobs
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary:£40000 - £49999 per annum + Negotiable
Alecto Recruitment is currently working with a leading tech and research company based near Cambridge. Our client stands out amongst the competition in the design of robotics and automation solutions to solve multifaceted inspection and automation issues.
Currently looking for an R&D Manager, our clients engineering proficiency has been a major factor in the effective delivery of many European and national collective research projects.
Our client have created and continually improved robotic products within some extremely niche and various newly emerging robotics markets, including;
- Robots capable of climbing and operating underwater.
- Robots for use in environments including offshore wind farms, oil tanks, offshore Oil and Gas Rigs.
- Aerospace & rail industry Robotics,
- Systems collaborative robot teams (human-robot and robot-robot applications).
- Actively researching and developing wearable exoskeletons for the elderly and infirm.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Technical, you will be responsible for managing the engineering team and coordinating project undertakings.
- Working alongside the Project Management team and individual project partners, you will also be responsible for ensuring project delivery on time and within budget.
- Monitoring project development and taking a proactive perspective in improving team proficiency and output.
- Aiding the engineering department and Directors to acheive project deliverables and actively support Product development.
- Be the interface between the multi-disciplined engineering department and provide sound technical advice.
- Actively contribute to the provision and formulation of project progress reports
- Ensure successful communications with project partners and funding bodies.
- Lead project distribution, exploitation planning and execution activities
- Work closely with the Directors in the creation of technical concepts to formulate R&D proposals for submission to funding agencies
- The successful candidate will have a First degree in mechanical, electronics, mechatronics engineering or related discipline – A PhD in Robotics or a technical discipline would be preferred.
- 2+ years team management and project management experience, preferably European Commission and Innovate UK funded projects
- 5+ years practical research experience within industrial applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software packages including Microsoft Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously, ensuring attention to detail and overall accuracy
- Competitive Pay (negotiable subject to experience)
- £40,000 – £49,000
- 25 days holidays
- On-site parking
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.