Employment Type: Permanent
Salary:Up to £30000 per annum
Operations Manager – Berkshire
Up to £30,000 + Benefits
Alecto Recruitment is partnering with a superb local organisation that specialises within the waste collection sector. Our client seeks an Operations Manager to assist in running a fleet of transport vehicles, assist in front-of-line customer service and administrative responsibilities.
This is an opportunity to work in close connection with the business owner and take on a wide range of responsibilities for a well-established, thriving organisation.
- To take work, prepare and print worksheets.
- Planning and organizing vehicle routes.
- Dealing with customers.
- Occasionally drive company van to collect Drivers from safety checks.
- Quoting and pricing of new and existing work.
- Check and passing of work tickets for invoicing.
- Dealing with customers in the waste water/water treatment industry and providers of other tipping facilities.
- Maintaining records of personnel holiday entitlements etc.
- Ordering Stationary as required.
- Order of spares for vehicles and oil, lorry wash etc.
- Booking of regular servicing of vehicles.
- General and varied office duties.
- Health and Safety, Risk assessments, checking of time sheets and tachographs.
- Chasing overdue invoices.
- Ideally applicants will have gained experience in the waste haulage/recycling sector.
- Must be based in the Berkshire area or willing to commute to Reading.
- Car is necessary due to location of the office.
- Experience managing fleets of vehicles in a logistics/transport coordinator role will be advantageous.
- Willingness to join a smaller but well established business and close-knit environment.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Hours of work: 9am-5.30pm. Some Saturday mornings.
- SSP for 2 years before company sickness scheme.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chris Smith at Alecto Recruitment: email@example.com or call 02392 539 772 in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit.