Category: Technical Engineering Jobs
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: East London
Salary:£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for problem solving and carrying out system repairs on Door Entry, Aerial/Satellite, CCTV, & Access Control. In addition, the provision of training and support to maintenance engineers where required. The engineer will also carry out site surveys and provide assistance on new maintenance contracts, small works upgrades and new installations
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years’ experience in the Door Entry installation sector. The experience should be broad in range and cover large to medium size projects with various types of installations.
- The candidate should be trained to and acceptable level on all disciplines and being certified to CAI standards would be a benefit.
- They should have a good idea of the working at height regulations and have current roof top training certificates
- They should understand the different types of Door Entry system and be able to fault find in a methodical way.
- Good understanding of Mpeg, DTT, DVB would be a benefit but not essential
- Basic understanding of CCTV, Access Control and Intercom systems
- IP conversant and able to fault find on networks
- Understanding of ping and other network diagnostic tools
- Able to implement an IP range and implement subnets
- Provide both field based and telephone support and training to field based engineers and sales consultants.
- Carry out Preventative Routine Maintenance Visits, Provide diagnostics/solutions and repairs on reactive breakdown callouts. Quality control checks to be completed and feedback provided on jobs and surveys to ensure that systems comply and are maintained to the required regulatory standards. Any poor workmanship or materials to be highlighted and addressed to maintain regulatory standards.
- Quotes and Surveys to be carried out in accordance with requests from the Sales team or the Maintenance Manager.
- Onsite training to be provided to both customers and existing or new engineering base.
- Liase with component & equipment manufacturers and retailers to evaluate best solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times and establish good customer relations to promote the company image.
- To take part in the out of working hours callout rota.
- Work to policies delivered by the Maintenance Manager/Operations Director
- Ensure all company paperwork and electronic XDA device are updated and accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain company assets in good condition including materials, tools, equipment and vehicle.
- Effective interaction with the Technical Support Engineers & Maintenance Manager to ensure the best level of service is maintained at all times.
- Create sales leads and opportunities to encourage growth of the business
any other duties in line with the role and delivery of service.
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Joseph Martin, Alecto Recruitment. Josephm@alectorecruitment.com or call 02392 539 773 in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com