Category: Utilities Jobs
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary:£40000 - £42000 per annum + Car
£42,000 p/a + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Multi-Utilities Company and the role is based in Reading and surrounding areas
Our client requires an experienced Electrical Supervisor with electrical distribution experience to come into the role and hit the ground running. We are looking for a driven individual with experience of Electrical Supervision, proven Health & Safety Awareness and strong communicative skills to assist in delivering the growing number of projects
Key tasks undertaken as part of this role:
- Provide support to the operation and construction of electrical services meeting projected timescales and customers’ requirements.
- Support Site Managers in planning and supervising Substation Builds.
- Ensure materials are picked and available for all programmed works.
- Attend sites with electrical faults and determine rectification works.
- Manage the operational teams to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of scheduled works.Site supervision of operatives and sub-contractors to ensure compliance with safety and technical requirements.
- Managing all aspects of the NERS activities to enforce company compliance with current legislation e.g. processes, procedures and competencies.
- Conduct and analyse operational audits of electrical installations, ensuring compliance and contributing to implementation and supervision of Health, Safety and Welfare onsite.
- Identify, implement and maintain procedures which ensure compliance with technical specifications, consider requirements for notices and communications specific to the adopting utility areas.
- Manage regular and routine correspondence with internal and external stakeholders to control and deliver onsite requirements.
- Provide onsite support for customer enquiries and assist with successfully resolution of customer queries and issues.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Understanding of utility/ construction sector (Ideally, experience within an ICP/IDNO)
- Excellent knowledge of Energetics Electric procedure and NERS legislation.
- Identify industrial hazards and health and safety precautions.
- Be conversant with testing procedures.
- Ability to apply Company design/planning procedures and requirements.
- IT literacy and ability to use computer packages to area of work. Numerate and accurate when working with figures.
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Access Databases.
- Strong Communicator, Flexible, willing to adapt to new tasks and duties.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organised, methodical approach to work with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle all matters confidentially
- Team player able to support the team
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £42,000 /year
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. email@example.com .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted