AV Design Technician
Category: Technical Engineering Jobs
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary:£30000 - £35000 per annum
AV Design Technician
Job Title: AV Design Technician
Operating from their head office in Central London, our clients have operated for 15 years in 3 sectors that cover all angles of technology within the built environment: custom home technology, electrical services and building management control systems.
The construction industry is evolving. More and more construction projects have technology and electrical services at their heart. The careful consideration of which technology suits which project is more important to the success of building programmes than ever before.
The company have been assisting private clients, residential developers and industry professionals with their building technology needs and continue to lead the industry in terms of intuitive control, reliability and after care.
Design Technician Role and Responsibilities:
- Working within the design team to create system design and specification packages including layout plans, system schematics and technical product documentation throughout the project.
- Provide support to the Sales team in generating concept plans and tender proposals as requested
- Work as part of the estimating team providing cost advice and detailed designs to verify tender submissions
- Creating and updating bill of materials, cost proposals and reporting on any design changes and cost implications to Design manager
Skills and experience in any of the following areas:
- Lighting Control,
- Multi- Room AV,
- Home Cinema,
- CCTV & Security,
- IT & Telecoms,
- Building Control/Management Systems
- AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio experience while not essential is preferred – and aptitude to learn AutoCAD is a must
- Highly efficient with Microsoft Office software suite
- Working in a team environment while being able to manage day to day tasks and work loads
- An excellent communicator – must be comfortable liaising with multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally